Security & Privacy
Shopping safely on Simply Electricals
We do appreciate that remembering passwords can be tricky, but setting effective and secure passwords on all the sites you use is vital in combating possible fraudulent activity using your personal details. It’s best to avoid using the same password for each of your online accounts, because if a criminal gains access to it, all your accounts could be at risk.
Multiple passwords keep you safer. When you set a password, it’s a good idea to use a mix of numbers and characters, and something that’s very personal to you. Most sites these days will set a minimum number of characters to use, but do avoid using obvious phrases like “password”, or your name, or phone number.
Your privacy is of the highest importance to us, and we promise never to release your personal details to any outside company for mailing or marketing purposes.
When you make a purchase from our website, we do collect certain personal information from you (for example: your name, email address, payment address and details). All such information is held on secure servers. Simply Electricals complies fully with all applicable Data Protection and consumer legislation, and we’ll treat all your personal information as fully confidential.
In order to serve you most efficiently, reputable third-party banking (including SagePay) and distribution institutions handle our credit card transactions and order fulfilment. They receive the information needed to verify and authorise your payment card and to process your order. All such organisations are under strict obligation to keep your personal information private.
Customer contact promise
We’d love you to be among the first to receive exciting offers and news about our products and services. We do this in various ways including email, post, SMS and phone, but only if you would like us to. Don’t forget to visit us online, in-store and via social media for other special offers.
Your privacy is very important to us which is why we make sure you’re always in control of what we do with your personal information. This is our simple customer contact promise:
- We’ll never pass your personal details to anyone outside Simply Electricals for them to use for their own marketing purposes.
- We’ll only ever use your details to help you make the most of what we have to offer. That means things like:
- Tips and guidance to help you get the best out of your products.
- News to help you make informed choices in the things you buy.
- Details of new products and services.
- Special offers.
- Or simply, to get your feedback.
- We will make sure our contact with you is relevant based on the information you give us.
- You can opt out at any time. All you need to do is click the 'unsubscribe' button on any of our newsletters. But remember, if you do ‘unsubscribe’ of receiving this information you could miss out on offers and news.
- We’ll always comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and all other relevant legislation.
Your transaction security
We realise how important it is to securely store any information that you provide. simplyelectricals.co.uk maintains the highest levels of security. Our site uses high-level SSL encryption technology, the most advanced security software currently available for online transactions. You can therefore rest assured that we take the privacy and security of your payment and personal details very seriously.
You can tell whether a page is secure as 'https' will replace the 'http' at the front of the www.simplyelectricals.co.uk in your browser address window. A small locked padlock will also appear in the bottom bar of your browser window.
To give you even more confidence in shopping online with simplyelectricals.co.uk, our checkout process uses Verified by Visa & Mastercard® SecureCode™.
These services enhance your existing card account against unauthorised use when you shop with us. To use these services, you must first register with the bank or other organisation that issued your card.