Here at Simply Electricals we think it's important to preserve and protect the environment. One way we can help to do this is by recycling your old and used electrical products and batteries.
So why should we recycle?
- To save resources - roughly 85% of the components in electrical appliances can be recycled and used in new parts and products.
- To protect the environment - disused electrical goods are frequently dumped on landfill sites and leak harmful chemicals into the ground and water supply, putting animal, plant and human health at risk.
- Simply Electricals is obliged to recycle - we follow the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) regulations and provide you with free advice and guidance on how to recycle your old electrical appliances.
How do we help you?
We provide you with two options to help you recycle your used electrical products. We can collect them from your home when we deliver/install your new product or you can bring them to any of our Simply Electricals retail stores.
Other recycling information
New appliances - Any appliance with a crossed out wheelie bin logo should not be disposed of in a bin.
Disposing of old appliances - Whichever way you choose to recycle your electrical product, please make sure of the following:
- The product is dry and empty
- Gas cookers have been disconnected by a qualified Corgi engineer
- Electric cookers have been disconnected by a qualified electrician
- Fridges and freezers are completely defrosted
- All products need to be disconnected from water/electricity/gas supplies.